Making Space for Nature* is an exciting education programme where pupils will engage with nature on their doorstep.
This pack contains six weekly curriculum-based activity worksheets that will inspire pupil creativity whilst encouraging outdoor learning and well-being as they explore their own ‘naturehood’.
The pack connects local pupils with the greening of land and water spaces. Activities will cover the following themes, curriculum links and activities:
- Where on Earth am I? (Geography: Mapping)
- Natural treasures (Biology)
- I see a tree, what do you see? (History)
- Nature treasure hunt (Geography)
- Make my space for nature (PSHE, Art)
- If trees could talk (Art & Literacy)
- Additional optional activity: Planting and growing (Biology) – recommended for upper key stage 2 classes.
KS1: ages 5-7, KS2: ages 7-11, KS3: ages 11-14
Art and design, Citizenship, English / literacy, Geography, Geography: maps / atlases, History, PSHE / PSE / PSED, Science