This book explores practical ideas about the educational needs of children within a changing global context, drawing on the creative work of a wide range of Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
The introductory section supports professional development and will stimulate discussion about global learning approaches. It covers the following themes:
- What do we mean by global learning?
- CPD Activities
- A question of leadership: creating change
- Whole school matters
- School partnerships
The rest of the resource and material on the website, offer support to classroom planning and teaching under the following themes:
- Me…my identity and my learning needs
- Understanding social connections
- Understanding commonality
- Understanding interdependence
- Understanding participation.
Throughout the book there are quotes from teachers, case studies and suggested links to planning for specific curriculum subjects or whole school activity.
Compassionate Values, Equality, Globalisation and Interdependence
KS1: ages 5-7, KS2: ages 7-11
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it
Read online articles relating to this resource.