Want to teach about the climate crisis, but unable to find a way to fit it into the curriculum or make it relevant to your subject?
Leeds DEC's free Climate Action Resources include:
- A whole school curriculum framework that helps schools plan and assess their climate education from KS1 to KS4.
- A set of Big Ideas, providing a summary of the most important things young people need to know about climate change by the time they leave school, complete with a set of learning outcomes.
- A series of lesson plans and PowerPoints for a variety of subjects, which bring climate action to life.
- Volume: Lake Chad
- Interpreting Graphs: Deforestation
- The Carbon Cycle and Climate Action
- Biodiversity and Climate Action
- Climate Action (French, German and Spanish)
RE and Citizenship
- Creation Beliefs
- Responsible Tourism
Funding for these resources is conditional on knowing how many teachers are using them, so you will need to sign up to access them.
Sign up is free and simple to do - just click on the link.
Environment and Sustainability, Globalisation and Interdependence, Production and Consumption
KS1: ages 5-7, KS2: ages 7-11, KS3: ages 11-14, KS4: ages 14-16
Citizenship, Languages, Maths / numeracy, RE / RS, Science