COULD A TEACHER AT YOUR SCHOOL BE THE 2018 GLOBAL EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR? Think Global are opening up nominations for this years awards:
- Do you know an educator who has found creative ways to engage young people in global learning?
- Has this person raised awareness about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals amongst their students and/or the whole school?
- Have they inspired students to take action on a global issue?
- Teachers are creating our future global citizens.
- Teachers integrate global learning and the sustainable development goals (SDGs) into their lessons.
- Teachers are role models for positive social action.
- Teachers equip young people with the understanding, attitudes and behaviour that will allow for their success in a global facing Britain.
- Receive a prize for their school
- Be invited to the Global Educator of the Year Awards ceremony in July 2018 at a central London location.
- Be showcased as a best practice on the Global Dimensions website and at education and global learning seminars and events throughout the year.
“I’d like to think the award represents my role as a small cog in a big wheel that is continually driving global learning forward. A wheel that not only includes the pupils, staff and parents at Armathwaite School but also the multitude of amazing and committed GLP educators whose teaching is focused on the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.”Jane Yates, Global Educator of the Year 2017 Terms & Conditions
- Before submitting a nomination, the nominee (and their school/institution) should be informed and be happy to be nominated.
- By nominating for this award you give us permission to photograph and celebrate all those who are nominated in press releases/our websites/social media.
- The nominee must be based in the UK.
- The decision of the expert judging panel is final.
- Winner and runner up will be notified mid-June.
- Award presentation ceremony will take place in July at a central London location.