British Red Cross Assembly Kits

These free downloadable assembly kits from the British Red Cross are suitable for use with upper primary and secondary aged pupils. They include include scripts, action projects and performance ideas, meeting teachers’ needs for imaginative and

One Hen

This beautifully illustrated book is a great way to introduce children to ideas around sustainable development. It tells the story of Kojo, a young Ghanaian boy who uses a micro loan to buy a chicken, so he can sell the eggs to make money.

Makutano Junction

Makutano Junction

Makutano Junction is a Kenyan-produced TV soap opera which aims to entertain and educate English-speaking African audiences. These teaching materials are based around the series. Issues include social justice, human rights, youth and relationships,

Struggles for Black Community

The four 38-minute films included on this DVD were originally made for Channel 4 at the beginning of the 1980s. They have been remastered and digitised because of recent interest shown by young people in the experiences of racism and the battles fought by their parents’ and grandparents’ generations.

Global learning in primary schools

This book explores practical ideas about the educational needs of children within a changing global context, drawing on the creative work of a wide range of Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.

Picture my World

Picture my World is a website for primary children produced by the Catholic aid charity CAFOD. It is packed full of photographs taken by children in the UK, Cambodia and Rwanda and also has lots of fun games and stories and film clips

Who Am I?

This cross-curricular resource includes a DVD of a film made with young people from Sheffield’s Somali community. It sets out to discover how tradition, culture and history impact on who we are and how we see ourselves.

TrueTube

TrueTube is a free online resource for schools providing a platform for debate on social, ethical and political issues. It is aimed at RE, PSHE and Citizenship at Key Stages 3 and 4. Short video clips encourage young people to think, discuss and enga