These Terms and Conditions are issued by Reboot the Future. They apply to the entire contents of the Global Dimension Website under the sole control of Reboot the Future and to any correspondance by email between us and you. Use of this website indicates that you accept these Terms and Conditions.
These are the Terms and Conditions that apply to use of www.globaldimension.org.uk (the “Website”).
This Website is brought to you by Reboot the Future, registered at Reboot the Future, 45 Priory Avenue, London, W4 1TZ. Reboot the Future is a registered charity (no. 1175117) and company limited by guarantee (no. 10532004). References to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to Think Global.
Member account, password and security
Reboot the Future will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
The registration process on the Website involves you giving a password and a member account being set up for you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and member account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and member account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Reboot the Future of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you logout from your member account at the end of each session. Reboot the Future is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Our comment facility, forums, resources and any pages of the Website where you are capable of posting material are provided for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions, materials and comment. You acknowledge that all information, data (including registration data), text, files, photographs, graphics, messages documentation, booklets, lesson plans, reports, updates, posters, case studies, audio and visual content and other materials and content (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Reboot the Future accepts no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content uploaded to our website by you or any third party.
You acknowledge that by using the Website, there is a risk that you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you object to the publication of any comment or material uploaded to the Website, please let us know by clicking on the ‘Report abuse’ link next to the relevant upload/comment. This is the fastest way to notify us and will provide a direct link to the post/message in question.
If you object to anything anywhere else on this Website, please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
You agree to not use the Website to:
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, objectionable, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory;
- harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Think Global staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- violate any applicable law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Reboot the Future does not pre-screen Content that you post on the Website, but that Reboot the Future and people designated by it shall have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and moderate communications that occur through, and posts and Content made available and provided for inclusion on, the Website, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that Think Global has no liability in relation to the Content, communications or posts or any monitoring, moderation, screening or other similar activities. The views expressed by other users on the Website do not represent Reboot the Future’s views or values. If Reboot the Future determines, in its sole discretion, that you or another user have breached these Terms and Conditions or that any Content is inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, Reboot the Future may refuse to accept or may remove any Content from the Website, without (to the fullest extent permitted by law) any liability to you or a third party.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, you should be aware that a party aggrieved by the uploading of any content which is, inter alia, defamatory or infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights, may take action and that this could result in, among other things, registration data and other data concerning your identity being disclosed and your having to pay compensation to the person or company aggrieved. Reboot the Future has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted, uploaded or provided for inclusion by you to/on the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Reboot the Future and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs, claims and expenses incurred directly or indirectly (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred in connection with or arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third parties related to the use of the Content, or our Website. This indemnity includes both any liability to third parties, and other costs and losses incurred by Reboot the Future.
Rights in Content you post, make available or provide for inclusion on the Website
With respect to all Content you post, make available or provide for inclusion on the Website, you: (a) grant Reboot the Future a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, copy, store, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, exploit, display, provide links to, communicate and make available to third parties such Content (in whole or part) for any purpose, including (without limitation) to incorporate the Content in other works or materials in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and (b) to the extent applicable and legally permissible, hereby waive, and agree (as applicable) to procure that your affiliates, employees, officers, representatives, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, sub-licensees, consultants and advisers (“Representatives”) waive, in favour of Reboot the Future, any and all any moral rights you or your Representatives have or may have in the Content under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or under analogous laws or otherwise in or relating to the same, now or at any time in the future and in any territory of the world. Any Content you post, upload, make available or provide for inclusion on the Website will be considered non-confidential.
You represent, warrant and undertake that: (i) you own or otherwise control all of the rights to such Content and can grant the rights and licence to Reboot the Future in such Content as set out above; (ii) use of the Content by Reboot the Future, its Representatives, other users of the Website or others will not infringe the rights of any third parties (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights), and that the Content or material is not defamatory; (iii) you have obtained all rights, permissions and consents that are necessary for you to provide, and grant rights and licences to, the Content; and (iv) you will immediately remove and notify us of any Content that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or may infringe the rights of third parties and you agree to indemnify Reboot the Future and its affiliates from and against any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense (including legal fees and expenses), incurred directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with any claims, proceedings, threats or actions brought by a third party against Reboot the Future and/or its affiliates in respect of infringement of third party rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights) or arising out of or in connection with any breach of any of these warranties, representations and undertakings.
General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that Reboot the Future may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Website, including without limitation the maximum number of days that message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Website and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Website in a given period of time. You agree that Reboot the Future has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Website. You acknowledge that Think Global reserves the right to de-activate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Reboot the Future reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Modifications to service
Reboot the Future reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Reboot the Future shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
You agree that Reboot the Future, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, the Website or any part of it or any of your passwords or accounts (or any part(s) thereof or related files and information) within the Website, and may remove and discard any Content within the Website, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Reboot the Future believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the rights described in this paragraph are not Reboot the Future’s only remedy and Reboot the Future may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
Links to other websites or resources
The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by Reboot the Future of those linked websites or resources you may obtain from them. Because Reboot the Future has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Reboot the Future is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or (to the fullest extent permitted by law) liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources;
- these Terms and Conditions do not grant or imply any rights in such external sites or resources, or related Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources;
- Reboot the Future shall not be responsible or (to the fullest extent permitted by law) liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource; and
- you are responsible for use of such external sites and resources, and related Content, advertising, products, and other materials on or available from such sites or resources, in accordance with any applicable terms and conditions in relation to the same.
Use of Reboot the Future and other materials
The articles, information, Content, and other materials presented, made available or provided for inclusion on this Website may be subject to copyright, trade mark and service mark rights, patents and/or other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Reboot the Future, and nothing in these Terms and Conditions or elsewhere permit, license or grant any rights in the same or permit copying, reproducing, modifying, extracting, downloading, exploiting, making of derivative works from, providing links to or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties of all or any part of the same without Reboot the Future’s or the relevant right owner’s prior written consent (as applicable). A user of the Website may use the Content made available on the Website in UK schools in a teaching capacity for personal non-commercial purposes only (“Permitted Use”), and, for the avoidance of doubt, the Permitted Use does not include (without limitation) providing copies of (or otherwise distributing) the Content to any other person or third party (including students, other teachers or others), or using Reboot the Future’s trademarks or other branding, without Reboot the Future’s prior written consent. You acknowledge and agree that, by making use of this Website, you are agreeing to and shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and that any breach thereof may result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
Reboot the Future’s proprietary rights
You acknowledge and agree that Reboot the Future is the owner or the licensee of all copyright, trade mark rights and other intellectual property rights in the Website (including, without limitation, in any Content made available through or provided for inclusion on the Website and the underlying source code) that are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. All such rights are reserved. Reboot the Future’s status (and that of any identified contributors), as applicable, as the authors of Content on the Website must always be acknowledged. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Website including by advertisers may be protected by third party copyright, trade mark and service mark rights, patents and/or other intellectual property rights, proprietary rights and/or laws.
To the extent that it has the right to do so, Reboot the Future grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-sub licensable and non-exclusive right and licence to use the Website for the Permitted Use subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions provided by Reboot the Future. This licence does not include the right to collect or use information contained on the Website for any purpose not specifically listed in these Terms and Conditions, to compete with Reboot the Future, to create derivative works based on the Website and/or the Content presented, made available or provided for inclusion on the Website, or to copy, reproduce, modify, extract, exploit, download or provide links to or otherwise communicate or make available to third parties all or part of the Website and/or the Content presented, made available or provided for inclusion on the Website (other than page caching for personal use). Reboot the Future may immediately terminate and revoke this licence granted to you at any time including (without limitation) if (in the opinion of Reboot the Future) you use all or part of the Website and/or the Content presented, made available or provided for inclusion on the Website in a manner that exceeds the scope of this licence, or you breach these Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, you are prohibited from reproducing, copying, modifying, renting, leasing, loaning, selling, distributing, exploiting, extracting, providing links to, creating derivative works of or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties all or any part of the Content presented, made available or provided for inclusion on this Website without Reboot the Future’s prior written consent (which is not implied or provided by the licence granted above).
You acknowledge and agree that, by making use of this Website, you are agreeing to and shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and that any breach thereof may result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
At the request of Reboot the Future, you will, and will use all reasonable endeavours to procure that any necessary third party will, execute such further documents and do such further acts or things as Reboot the Future may reasonably require to give full effect to these Terms and Conditions, and/or in relation to the protection, filing, prosecution, maintenance, defence and/or enforcement of intellectual property rights including (without limitation) intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Reboot the Future.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. Reboot the Future has made every effort to ensure that the Content on the Website is accurate and up-to-date and correct at the time of publication. However, the Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for purpose of the Content provided on the Website or that use of the Website will be uninterrupted, virus free or error-free. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Reboot the Future for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on the Website.
- The Content on the Website is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services or a recommendation to purchase any product or service upon which a specific decision should be made.
- Reboot the Future is not responsible for how the Content on the Website is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not accept any responsibility for the results of any action taken on the basis of the information provided on the Website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Reboot the Future shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge that any Confidential Information (as defined below) which you obtain through the entering into of these Terms and Conditions and the use of the Website constitutes the valuable, confidential, proprietary information of Reboot the Future and its licensors, and you agree that during the term of your use of the Website and thereafter you shall not, without our express written consent, use or disclose to any other person any such Confidential Information, except as specifically authorized under these Terms and Conditions or as required by applicable law.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Confidential Information” means any and all data, information, documents, software or materials relating to the business and management of Reboot the Future, its users and members, affiliates, licensors or licensees, that is designated as confidential or ought reasonably to be considered confidential, including but not limited to: their business model and operations, processes, products, designs, pricing, promotions, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, trade-secrets, training materials, personnel, clients, methodologies, Website Content belonging to others and other intellectual property.
If you have any complaints about the Website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Reboot the Future and govern your use of the Website. Our relationship with you is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Any failure by Reboot the Future to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
Reboot the Future does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, including liability for death or personal injury caused by Reboot the Future’s negligence or the negligence of Reboot the Future’s employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.