- Introduction to West Africa through primary sources
- Word, symbol and song: reading the image
- Language systems: words, symbols, objects, and pictures
- Stories of the past to shape the present
- Key historical events that shape the circulation of cultural art forms between the diaspora and the wider world Transatlantic slavery is one of the biggest histories of forced mass migration and human exploitation. What are some the positive legacies to come out of this brutal history? Is this a one way flow?
- Who tells the story? West African writers and voices of protest Writers of West African descent played a crucial role in the movement for abolition of the transatlantic slave trade.
Arts, Culture and Religion, Equality, Peace, Conflict and Justice, Social Justice
KS2: ages 7-11, KS3: ages 11-14, KS4: ages 14-16
Art and design, English / literacy, English: literature / story, Geography, History, RE / RS
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it