- How are we the same? How are we different?
- Needs and wants
- Watching the film clip
- Put it into words (using the film transcript as a stimulus to create poems)
- What would you take with you if you had to leave home?
- Teachers Guide - Includes useful information on refugee family reunion, the new Private Member’s Bill and Oxfam’s Stand as One campaign.
- Workshop Activity - Stand in the shoes of a refugee and learn how the law affects you. Use role play to explore the stories of people who have been forced to flee. This guide also includes information about ordering your postcards.
- Action Guide - A short guide to help young people run a successful postcard campaign in their school.
- MP Cover Letter template - A letter template to help you when contacting your MP.
- Slideshow - Learn more about the refugee crisis with striking statistics and photographs from around the world.
Equality, Social Justice
KS2: ages 7-11, KS3: ages 11-14, KS4: ages 14-16, KS5: ages 16+
Assembly, Spiritual, moral, social, cultural (SMSC)
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it
2016 resource including film, transcript of the film, information on the refugee crisis and additional resources and short, cross-curricular ideas.
2017 resource focused on the campaign leading up the vote on family reunion in March 2018.