This free website supports teachers in developing and embedding global learning through the Key Stage 3 Geography curriculum in England (ages 11-14). It has a large number of downloadable PDFs, PowerPoints, worksheets, schemes of learning and reflection tools. The main sections are as follows:
- Getting Started - An introduction to Global Learning in Geography.
- Developing Global Learning in Geography - Examples of big ideas, global learning opportunities, SMSC and values attitudes embedded in schemes of learning.
- SMSC and Values & Attitudes - Addressing SMSC and values and attitudes in global learning.
- Resources - Schemes of learning, worksheets and PowerPoint presentations, covering the following:
- Globalisation - exploring the theme of mobile phones.
- Food and Agriculture - exploring the themes of food security and hunger.
- Population - exploring the theme of migration.
- Development - exploring the B.R.I.C. economies.
- Energy - exploring the theme of climate justice.
- Sustainable Development - exploring the themes of fish and palm oil, with a case study on Songhai, Benin, West Africa.
- Reflection Tools - A series of reflection tools that help to evaluate the learning that has taken place and build on the big ideas.
- Active Citizenship in Geography - Examples of Geographers that have influenced active citizenship. How do topics in Geography stimulate our thinking about active citizenship and participation and how might we relate this to our own role in society?
An extensive resource with many ideas for bringing global learning into Key Stage 3 Geography.
Environment and Sustainability, Globalisation and Interdependence, Industry and Economy, Production and Consumption, Social Justice
KS3: ages 11-14
Geography, Spiritual, moral, social, cultural (SMSC)
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it