This free website supports teachers in developing and embedding global learning through the Key Stage 3 Citizenship curriculum in England (ages 11-14). It has a large number of downloadable PDFs, PowerPoints, worksheets, schemes of learning and reflection tools. The main sections are as follows:
- Getting Started - An introduction to Global Learning in Citizenship.
- Developing Global Learning in Citizenship - Examples of big ideas, global learning opportunities, SMSC and values attitudes embedded in schemes of learning.
- SMSC and Values & Attitudes - Addressing SMSC and values and attitudes in global learning.
- Resources - Schemes of learning, worksheets and PowerPoint presentations, covering the following:
- Political Systems and forms of Government.
- Human Rights - exploring the theme of child slavery.
- Community Cohesion.
- Vision - Thinking about futures.
- Citizenship in Action / Agents of Change.
- Reflection Tools - A series of reflection tools that help to evaluate the learning that has taken place and build on the big ideas.
- Active Citizenship in Citizenship - Examples of organisations that promote active citizenship.
An extensive resource with many ideas for bringing global learning into Key Stage 3 Citizenship.
Child Rights, Compassionate Values, Equality, Globalisation and Interdependence, Politics and Government, Social Justice
KS3: ages 11-14
Citizenship, Spiritual, moral, social, cultural (SMSC)
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it