Parliament Education Service
- What are equality and inequality?
- Why do we need laws on equality?
- Why has equalities law changed over time?
- What are ‘protected characteristics’ and why do we need them?
- To what extent have changes in the law to promote equality been successful? How can we make society more equal?
- Identify an Act of Parliament that has helped make society more equal
- Describe how equalities legislation promotes and protects individuals and groups in society
- Explain the effect laws have on society
- Plan and take forward a simple action to address inequality in their school or wider community.
Equality, Peace, Conflict and Justice
KS3: ages 11-14, KS4: ages 14-16
Citizenship, Philosophy / P4C / Critical thinking, PSHE / PSE / PSED
Found an issue with this resource?Flag it