Concept Cartoons are designed to intrigue, provoke discussion and stimulate thinking. They make concepts problematic and provide an engaging stimulus for learning. Each one is guaranteed to provoke ferocious discussion and leave pupils wanting to know more. These six concept cartoons are suitable for Key Stages 2 and 3 (ages 7 to 14). They help pupils explore environmental issues that affect the lives of people around the world, including those living in developing countries:
- Climate change - pupils explore issues around climate change; what causes it and how it affects people's lives.
- Free energy - pupils explore different energy sources and question whether energy is ever free.
- Growing food - pupils explore environmental issues around growing and importing food.
- Recycling - compare how recycling and reusing materials reduces the use of energy and benefits the environment.
- Water conservation - pupils explore issues around accessing, storing and cleaning water, as well as the water cycle and the need to save water.
Environment and Sustainability, Industry and Economy, Production and Consumption
KS2: ages 7-11, KS3: ages 11-14
Design and technology, Geography, PSHE / PSE / PSED, Science