The Arab world is a fascinating, diverse geographical region with a rich culture and history. Arabic is spoken by more than 300 million people. This education pack is designed to help primary school teachers introduce aspects of both Arabic language and Arab culture to your pupils, including:
- well known Arabic fables, teaching students moral lessons.
- the art of calligraphy.
- counting to 10 in Arabic.
- perfecting your pronunciation of Arabic greetings.
- exploring the intricate mathematical, geometric patterns of Arabic mosaics.
- exploring Arabic inventions and discoveries.
- celebrations, festivals and daily life for young people across the Arab world.
- Arabic recipes.
The Arabic Language and Culture pack is an excellent way to introduce young learners to the Arab world while also challenging their preconceptions of Arab culture. The pack has been created as part of the British Council's Arabic Language and Culture Programme in partnership with Qatar Foundation.
Arts, Culture and Religion, Globalisation and Interdependence, Production and Consumption
KS1: ages 5-7, KS2: ages 7-11
Art and design, Citizenship, Languages, Maths / numeracy, Music, PSHE / PSE / PSED, Assembly