This pack supports teachers to enable students to explore development processes within their own locality in the context of global interdependence. The resource provides opportunities to explore concepts of development at Key Stage 3 (ages 11-14) drawing on both Geography and Citizenship schemes of work. It provides a range of ideas that can be used and adapted for different contexts.
The pack is divided into four sections.
- Section 1 introduces the issues of global development
- Section 2 generates questions drawing on the photographs included in the pack
- Section 3 explores ways in which development is described and measured using a range of maps to raise issues about development
- Section 4 explores different perspectives on the meaning of development using cartoons.
It also provides information about using the web to explore the 2015 UN targets through the use of web cards provided in the pack. A range of learning enquiries include the use of photographs, maps and statistics, a case study framework, cartoons and websites. The activity suggestions are brief with practical guidance and possibilities for a range of enquiries.
Overall, this is a varied and relevant pack that provides ideas for exploring local and global dimensions of development.
PublisherTide~ Global Learning
- Teacher's Pack (£26.40)
- Pack includes book and a range of photos.
- ISBN: 9780948838866
- Visit website
Leave a comment