An excellent set of six lesson plans written for teachers of young people in Key Stage 3. They’re easily adapted for ages 11-15 across the whole of the UK, and many of the activities could be led by young people. The titles of each lesson are:
- What are war and conflict?
- The impact of war on children
- Issues in conflict: child soldiers
- Issues in conflict: street children
- What difference can one person make?
These six topics explore the impact of war and conflict on children, children’s rights and children’s stories. Each one has a structured ‘lesson’ plan that’s relevant to one or more curriculum subjects, plus ideas for extension, further learning, and more listings for other interesting and inspiring viewpoints. The resources make full use of both War Child UK’s website and YouTube channel. There are also lots of suggestions for ways in which young people themselves can take action for change.
- PDF (free)
- Download as complete pack or as six separate lessons.
- Visit website
Leave a comment