Is this Uganda or UK?
- The official language is English
- 84% of the population are Christians
- Athletes from this country regularly take part in the Paralympics
- The largest University has over 30,000 students
- There are over 8 million mobile phone users
All of these facts are about Uganda – but that could come as a surprise to some young people who may have mainly negative ideas about life in an African country.
This cross-curricular resource, aimed at ages 7-14, has been designed to counter negative or stereotypical views, focusing first on similarities between Uganda and the UK, before exploring their diversity. Through the images and activities provided on the CD, pupils in each country can explore what they have in common, as well as what is unique about each. The Uganda images can provide balance when introducing work on Africa as a continent, while the UK images can also be used in other topics, matched with similar ones from any other country.
This resource is great for developing empathy, a sense of common humanity and respect for diversity.
- CD-ROM (£8.99)
- CD-ROM includes image bank and a range of activities.
- ISBN: 9781874709862
- Visit website
Leave a comment