A series of activities for one or two lessons to explore conflicting views on the land rights of Traveller groups, with a main activity to explore and try to resolve the issues through role-play and discussion. Suitable for Citizenship, PSE/PSHE and related subjects at Key Stage 4 (ages 14-16).
The resource includes Teacher’s Notes to guide you through the activities and photocopiable worksheets for students.
- To understand the reasons why Travellers migrate and the challenges they face
- To challenge stereotypes of travelling people
- To try to balance the rights of travelling people with those of local residents
- To explore conflict in land use using role play
- To present and interpret data from a variety of sources.
PublisherAmnesty International UK
- PDF (free)
- Visit website
- No. of pages: 13
Leave a comment