This resource is based on interviews with refugees living in Manchester, about their experiences of flight and starting a new life in Britain. The booklet provides:
- An introduction to refugee issues
- Profiles of featured countries (Somalia, Afghanistan and Kurdistan) which look at some of the reasons conflict has occurred
- Mini-biographies and personal testimonies from the refugees
- A series of worksheets to explore the material with.
Worksheets look at the refugee experience, writing biographies and the declaration of human rights. Exercises are straightforward and can be used a springboard into further work, based on the provided testimonies.
- Book (£7.50)
- Discounts available for schools in Manchester and Greater Manchester.
- ISBN: 9780954287450
- Visit website
- No. of pages: 56
Leave a comment