This pack focuses on five key development themes, linked to globalisation:
- Why educate anyway? The world’s poorest children are deprived of a basic education. Why are they denied this basic human right?
- Can debt relief help the world’s poor? Trans-global money lenders appear generous but the poor seem to be getting poorer. Why?
- Is globalisation helping the world communicate? The internet gives us instant access to everything but is anyone being left behind?
- Is globalisation good for the world’s health? A doctor around the corner, well equipped hospitals in every city – but what is it like in the majority world?
- How has globalisation affected migration? Individuals, families, whole communicities move in search of a better life. What drives them to it?
The books are suitable for work in many subject areas of secondary teaching, and could also be used to support a link with a school in a developing country. The activities in the teaching booklets include lots of interactive ideas, including role-play games and diamond ranking activities. The activities come with clear explanations and photocopiable worksheets. An accompanying CD-ROM includes electronic versions of all the activities.
PublisherLeeds Development Education Centre
- Teacher's Pack (£9.99)
- Pack includes 5 books and CD-ROM
- Visit website
Leave a comment