This toolkit is one of a set created by Plan Canada, which explore key global issues and themes in Plan’s international development work in an accessible way. The toolkits promote discussion around both the challenges and possible solutions to address these issues. They are well-suited for teachers, educators, youth leaders, mentors, and clubs.
A simple net provides protection against the deadliest creature in the world. Where children are at risk of being bitten by mosquitoes carrying malaria, an insecticide-treated bed net saves lives. Even with this simple and inexpensive solution, malaria continues to be one of the leading causes of death in children under five. Efforts to eradicate malaria have reduced the effects of the disease in many countries around the world. Concerted and coordinated efforts can bring the same resolution for millions of children everywhere.
This toolkit aims to help you explore the issue of malaria. Inside, you’ll find resources and information to help you:
- Understand the wording used to communicate about malaria
- Get the facts about malaria and how children are affected
- Be inspired by what young people and Plan are doing around the world
- Go deeper through focused activities that unpack the issues in more depth
- Plan for Change and take action to protect children from malaria.
- PDF (free)
- Visit website
Leave a comment