This toolkit is one of a set created by Plan Canada, which explore key global issues and themes in Plan’s international development work in an accessible way. The toolkits promote discussion around both the challenges and possible solutions to address these issues. They are well-suited for teachers, educators, youth leaders, mentors, and clubs.
Food is an essential ingredient for life. Families that struggle with food insecurity also struggle to ensure the health, education and safety of their children. Cyclical and deep-rooted relationships between poverty, malnourishment and child mortality mean that almost half of all deaths in children under five are a result of poor nutrition. Yet, while food insecurity destabilizes families and communities, the world produces enough food to feed everyone. It doesn’t have to be this way.
This toolkit aims to help you explore the issue of food security. Inside, you’ll find resources and information to help you:
- Understand the wording used to communicate about food security
- Get the facts about food security and how children are affected
- Be inspired by what young people and Plan are doing around the world
- Go deeper through focused activities that unpack the issues in more depth
- Plan for Change and take action to help children get the food they need.
- PDF (free)
- Visit website
- No. of pages: 19
Leave a comment