Another little book of challenging missions from the Geography Collective, who produced Mission: Explore. This one is geared around a camping holiday, and suggests 50 missions for young campers to undertake to liven up their holiday – challenging their preconceptions and getting them to think hard about the world around them. Examples of missions include:
- Accessorize naturally – make clothes and accessories from things you find in nature
- Form a natural band – making instruments out of nature and putting on a gig
- How do you moo? – finding out how different languages express the noises of different animals
- Be quiet – sit silently in nature for 30 minutes
- Lead the way – take some adults you know on an adventure
Not an obvious classroom teaching resource, but you could try out some of the missions in school or on a school trip. Or get your pupils to report back on their missions after their own holidays. Another book in this series is Mission: Explore On The Road.
See also the Mission:Explore website where explorers can collect badges for doing different missions.
- Book (£4.99)
- ISBN: 9781904872412
- No. of pages: 128
Leave a comment