Make The Link is an online resource developed by the Centre for Science Education of Sheffield Hallam University and Practical Action. It aims to help the next generation make the link between science and global poverty reduction. There are four units of work looking at the following topics: the provision of clean water; the impact of climate change across the world; the development of clean, fuel-efficient stoves for cooking meals; and ways of preserving food in areas with no access to powered refrigeration.
They are suitable for Key Stage 2 (7-11 years) to Key Stage 4 (14-16 years).
Each unit offers:
- Six comprehensive lessons to support the science curriculum
- Teacher’s notes, pupils worksheets and other support materials
- Flexible delivery, can be delivered in science lessons or STEM clubs
- A focus on practical enquiry based learning
- Links to secondary sources of information.
Visit the website: http://practicalaction.org/make-the-link
- Website (free)
- Visit website
Leave a comment