Letterbox Library is a not-for-profit social enterprise and co-operative that has been running for nearly 30 years and specialises in multicultural and inclusive children’s books. Their books are sourced from a range of UK and overseas publishers and reviewed by a team of volunteer readers (mostly education professionals). The books fit in well with the primary and early years curriculum. Books are chosen for their celebration of diversity as well as their excellence in storyline/artwork. Themed book packs are also available.
Letterbox Library say that they specialise in children’s books which:
- show the incredible diversity of our local and global communities
- are multicultural
- feature people under-represented in children’s literature – different faith groups, Black and minority ethnic communities, refugees, disabled children
- challenge gender stereotypes
- explore personal and social issues – family break-up, personal safety, bereavement, bullying.
Letterbox Library operates a membership scheme – for an annual fee of £5 members are entitled to a discount of 10% on all purchases. (Non-members can also purchase, but not at a discount.)
Their website is at www.letterboxlibrary.com
- Book (£5)
- £5 annual membership fee, provides 10% discount on all book purchases. Book prices range from £5 to £20.
Leave a comment