This book is part of a Key Stage 3 Geography Teacher’s Toolkit, which aims to help teach the revised Key Stage 3 curriculum.
Into Africa explores our connections with the diverse continent of Africa, aiming to teach about the interdependence of places and to explore our place in the world with a critical mind. By building upon, and challenging, what students already know, it will help them gain an understanding of what it’s like to live in Africa in comparison to the UK.
The book’s 10 lesson plans explore key concepts of: interdependence; place; and cultural understanding and diversity, and prompt students to consider how the following things connect us to Africa:
- Holidays, including a specific study of the impact of tourism.
- Food, followed by a study of shopping facilities in Malawi.
- Football, including a study into the impacts of the 2010 world cup.
- Mobile phones, and how they’ve changed lives in Nigeria and the UK.
- Comic Relief, including study of a specific project.
- Book (£17.99)
- ISBN: 9781843772026
- No. of pages: 40
- CD is included with book and contains all the resources needed for the lesson plans.
Leave a comment