This educational pack is extremely useful when examining the anti-colonial movement in India. Very well researched, it tells the history of British colonialism in India using the words of the people who fought against it.
The resource material used ranges from interviews, plays, songs, testimonies and rare photographs. The strategies of resistance are highlighted in the following sections:
- Resisting colonialism in India 1700-1947
- The Santal Uprising 1855 – 57
- The First War of Independence 1857
- The Indigo Rebellion 1860
- The Chittagong Armoury Raid 1930
- The Quit India Movement and the Bengal Famine 1942-43
- The Telangana Movement 1946-51.
- Book (£6.50)
- ISBN: 0 9526523 07
293-299 Kentish Town Road,LondonNW5 2TJ
Leave a comment