This free website supports teachers in developing and embedding global learning through the Key Stage 3 Citizenship curriculum in England (ages 11-14). It has a large number of downloadable PDFs, PowerPoints, worksheets, schemes of learning and reflection tools. The main sections are as follows:
- Getting Started – An introduction to Global Learning in Citizenship.
- Developing Global Learning in Citizenship – Examples of big ideas, global learning opportunities, SMSC and values attitudes embedded in schemes of learning.
- SMSC and Values & Attitudes – Addressing SMSC and values and attitudes in global learning.
- Resources – Schemes of learning, worksheets and PowerPoint presentations, covering the following:
– Political Systems and forms of Government.
– Human Rights – exploring the theme of child slavery.
– Community Cohesion.
– Vision – Thinking about futures.
– Citizenship in Action / Agents of Change.
- Reflection Tools – A series of reflection tools that help to evaluate the learning that has taken place and build on the big ideas.
- Active Citizenship in Citizenship – Examples of organisations that promote active citizenship.
An extensive resource with many ideas for bringing global learning into Key Stage 3 Citizenship.
PublisherLeeds Development Education Centre
- Website (free)
- Visit website
Leave a comment