Published by the British Institute of Human Rights, this easy-to-read eBook will take you on a whistlestop tour of where our human rights came from, how they’re protected in the UK by the Human Rights Act, and the difference our Human Rights Act has made in real life in the 15 years that it has been in force.
- what the European Court of Human Rights has to do with our Human Rights
- where the Human Rights Act came from and why it was made
- three key ways our Human Rights Act works and what this means for the way our democracy is run and everyday life
- what human rights are included in the Human Rights Act and how they work
- how the Human Rights Act is helping people in everyday life
- how cases in the European Court of Human Rights have had a positive impact in the UK.
This is not specifically designed as a teaching resource and it does not have a explicit link to any curriculum subjects. However, it provides useful background information for teachers and older secondary students who want to find out about human rights issues in the UK and Europe.
PublisherBritish Institute of Human Rights
- PDF (free)
- Visit website
- No. of pages: 28
Leave a comment