The Geographical Association has developed a set of web pages to support and advise Geography teachers about the new Global Learning Programme (GLP). This is a five-year project funded by the UK government to promote awareness and understanding of global issues from KS2 to KS3.
The web pages comprise the following information:
- About – More information about the Global Learning Programme and the GA’s role.
- Opportunities – How you and your school can get involved.
- Resources & Activities – Useful teaching materials and journal articles.
- Subject Knowledge & CPD – Courses and publications to enhance your knowledge of global issues.
- Links – Links to useful websites about development, sustainability, case studies and much more
Update September 2014:
The GA has produced a Global Learning special issue of its termly magazine, covering: What is global learning? Progression in global learning; Global learning in action and School improvement and global learning. Download here: GA magazine – Global Learning Special (PDF).
Leave a comment