This cross-curricular teachers’ pack contains eight Amnesty lesson plans to teach about human rights. They can be stand-alone or used in planning themed or drop-down days across the school. The accompanying CD-ROM contains all the resources together with short film clips and accompanying resources. The lesson plans and films are also available separately on the Amnesty website.
- Lesson 1 – Understanding human rights: Introducing human rights with images, activities and a short film
- Lesson 2 – Human rights in the UK: Making the Human Rights Act come alive with real-life cases and a presentation activity
- Lesson 3 – Dying to give birth: Using key mathematical skills to assess maternal mortality in different countries
- Lesson 4 – Mi dia, y los derechos: Comparing the daily lives of students in the UK with young Spanish-speakers across the globe
- Lesson 5 – Freedom of expression: Exploring the right to free speech through film and text using key communication and critical thinking skills
- Lesson 6 – Refugees and asylum: Dramatic role play activity using a true story to understand and empathise with asylum seekers and refugees
- Lesson 7 – The death penalty: Discussion and debate about the death penalty using global facts and a real case
- Lesson 8 – Taking action: A short film case study giving real-life context for developing campaigning skills.
PublisherAmnesty International UK
- Teacher's Pack (free)
- Pack includes CD-ROM with all lesson plans, films and additional resources. Download or order via the link below.
- Visit website
Leave a comment