This interactive exhibition gives pupils a chance to experience life as an asylum seeker. The exhibition is in a large box trailer, where pupils take part in a role play, and hear refugee stories from Rwanda, Afghanistan and Palestine. The exhibition gives moving examples of why people seek asylum, and investigates some of the media perspectives on this highly topical issue.
The exhibition is designed for pupils aged 10 and upwards, and gives an opportunity to explore:
- What is the truth about refugees and asylum seekers?
- Where do these people come from?
- Should we welcome refugees, and how?
- Where does your image of asylum seekers come from?
The exhibtion is not cheap to hire, but provides an invaluable experiential learning opportunity. Details of prices, availability, and excellent supporting materials can be found on the Global Link website.
The following video clip shows the exhibition in use at a school in Salford:
PublisherGlobal Link (DEC)
- Teacher's Pack (£680)
- Price is for 1-2 week hire. Visit the website for more details
- Visit website
Leave a comment