This handbook has come out of work by ‘Cultural Mentors’ at the Development Education Centre South Yorkshire, who support Early Years and Foundation Stage settings to celebrate cultural diversity and promote inclusion. It illustrates how cultural diversity and race equality work can be enhanced through improving staff awareness about their own ‘culture’ and by incorporating a global dimension in the curriculum.
- activities to use with staff to promote appreciation of cultural diversity
- eight practical activities to use with very young children in settings
- case studies from five early years settings on using activities and resources
- Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum links
- an extensive resources guide.
- Book (£7.50)
- ISBN: 9781897630143
- Visit website
- No. of pages: 48
Leave a comment