The Catholic aid charity CAFOD has developed a range of primary teaching resources available free online, which highlight the importance of sport in development. They draw on CAFOD’s work in a number of different countries including Cambodia, El Salvador, Kenya, the Philippines, Tanzania. Resources include:
- Assembly, poster and resource pack on sporting values and peace.
- Activities to explore Olympic/Paralympic values and Gospel values.
- A liturgy on Olympic and Paralympic values in the context of global justice.
- Teacher’s guide to planning a global Olympic/ Paralympic week.
- Sport fair / unfair game to find out the causes of poverty and possible solutions
- A presentation about how sport has helped Maria and her community in El Salvador to live in peace.
There are also teachers’ notes giving a brief description of each resource and detailing links to the curriculum.
Download all resources from:
- Website (free)
- Visit website
- Game (free)
Leave a comment