The Catholic aid charity CAFOD has a selection of secondary and Post-16 teaching resources on the issues of peace and conflict. Resources are as follows:
- Resources around the ongoing refugee crisis in Europe
- Peace-making, CST, scripture and case studies activities to fit with GCSE RS AQA and Edexcel specifications (see cafod.org.uk/gcse)
- An inspiring film of young leaders in the Middle East building peace.
- A session involving role-play in which young people explore some of the issues around peace-building, based on Gaza.
- A liturgy for International Day of Peace for secondary schools.
- Romero 1917-1980 – RE and MFL film clips, resources and activities for secondary schools, on the life of Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador
- Peace, conflict and community cohesion unit for Post-16 General RE, suitable for use with NOCN framework and Extended Project. This contains enough information for up to ten weeks of lessons.
Download all resources from http://cafod.org.uk/Education/Secondary-schools/Peace-and-conflict
- Website (free)
- Visit website
- Film (free)
- PDF (free)
Leave a comment