This book is part of a Key Stage 3 Geography Teacher’s Toolkit, which aims to help teach the revised Key Stage 3 curriculum.
The enquiry approach is central to this study: students will be actively involved in deciding if they would send, or be happy to receive, a Valentine’s rose grown in Kenya. They will learn that the lifestyle, material wealth, choices and opportunities that they have are not universal, and to understand the global impact – both good and bad – of their choices as consumers.
The following questions are explored:
- Where can I buy a Valentine’s rose?
- Where do our roses come from?
- What can we find out about the geography of Kenya?
- What factors influence the production of Kenyan roses?
- Are Kenyan roses costing the earth?
- Are all roses the same?
- Should I buy a Valentine’s rose?
- How can things change for the better?
- Book (£17.99)
- ISBN: 9781843772187
- No. of pages: 40
- CD-Rom is included with book and contains all the resources needed for the lesson plans.
Leave a comment