This resource was written by ACT for the Global Learning Programme. It explores the use of drones and killer robot technology in conflict and beyond. Pupils learn to ask deep questions about automaton technology and consider how law can hold users of drone technology to account. They will consider actions they might take to share their findings and campaign for greater accountability and understanding of drones. The framework enables teachers and pupils to look at a topical, controversial and authentic issue that resonates in Global Learning and is rooted in Citizenship concepts.
Questions explored in this resource include:
- What do we know about drones and their use?
- Who controls drone use?
- What does domestic and international law say about drone use?
- How should be drones be used in different parts of the world?
- Can drones be a force for good?
- What needs to change in order to make the use of drones more just?
- Who should decide this?
- Website (free)
- Visit website
Leave a comment