These Terms and Conditions are issued by Think Global. They apply to the entire contents of the Global Dimension Website under the sole control of Think Global and to any correspondance by email between us and you. Use of this website indicates that you accept these Terms and Conditions.
These are the Terms and Conditions that apply to use of www.globaldimension.org.uk (the “Website”).
This Website is brought to you by Think Global, based at CAN Mezzanine, 32-36 Loman Street, London SE1 0EH (“Think Global”). Think Global is the working name for the Development Education Association which is a registered charity (no. 291696) and company limited by guarantee (no. 1737830). Our VAT number is 114418346. References to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to Think Global.
Member account, password and security
Think Global will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
The registration process on the Website involves you giving a password and a member account being set up for you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and member account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and member account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Think Global of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you logout from your member account at the end of each session. Think Global is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Our comment facility, forums, resources and any pages of the Website where you are capable of posting material are provided for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions, materials and comment. You acknowledge that all information, data (including registration data), text, files, photographs, graphics, messages and other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Think Global accepts no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content uploaded to our website by you or any third party.
You acknowledge that by using the Website, there is a risk that you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you object to the publication of any comment or material uploaded to the Website, please let us know by clicking on the ‘Report abuse’ link next to the relevant upload/comment. This is the fastest way to notify us and will provide a direct link to the post/message in question.
If you object to anything anywhere else on this Website, please let us know by calling 020 3751 3000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
You agree to not use the Website to:
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, objectionable, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory;
- harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Think Global staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- violate any applicable law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Think Global does not pre-screen member-generated Content that you post on the Website, but that Think Global and people designated by it shall have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor communications that occur through, and posts made to, the Website. If Think Global determines, in its sole discretion, that you or another user have breached these Terms and Conditions or that any Content is inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, Think Global may refuse to accept or may remove any Content from the Website, without any liability to you or a third party.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, you should be aware that a party aggrieved by the uploading of any content which is, inter alia, defamatory or in breach of copyright, may take action and that this could result in registration data and other data concerning your identity being disclosed and your having to pay compensation to the person or company aggrieved.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Think Global and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs, claims and expenses incurred directly or indirectly (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred in connection with or arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third parties related to the use of the Content, or our Website. This indemnity includes both any liability to third parties, and other costs and losses incurred by Think Global.
Rights in posted content
With respect to all Content you post on the Website, you grant Think Global a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. With respect to all Content you post to the Website, you hereby waive any moral rights you have in the Content.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Content and can grant the rights set out above. You represent, warrant and undertake that: (i) use of the Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties (including that the Content or material is not defamatory); and (ii) you have obtained all rights and consents that are necessary for you to provide the Content; and (iii) you will immediately remove and notify us of any Content that does not does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or may infringe the rights of third parties. You agree to indemnify Think Global and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Think Global or its affiliates in respect of infringement of that third party’s intellectual property rights or arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that Think Global may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Website, including without limitation the maximum number of days that message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Website and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Website in a given period of time. You agree that Think Global has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Website. You acknowledge that Think Global reserves the right to de-activate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Think Global reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Modifications to service
Think Global reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Think Global shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
You agree that Think Global, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, the Website or any part of it or any of your passwords or accounts (or any part(s) thereof or related files and information) within the Website, and may remove and discard any Content within the Website, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Think Global believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the rights described in this paragraph are not Think Global’s only remedy and Think Global may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
Links to other websites or resources
The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Think Global has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Think Global is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Think Global shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Use of Think Global Material
All articles, information and other materials presented on this website are subject to copyright, trade mark right and/or other intellectual property right owned by or licensed to Think Global. You are prohibited from reproducing, extracting, providing links to or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties any part of the content of this website without Think Global’s written consent. You acknowledge that, by making use of this website, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
Think Global’s proprietary rights
Think Global is the owner or the licensee of all copyright, trade mark right and/or other intellectual property rights in the Website (including any Content made available through the Website and the underlying source code) that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Website or advertisers is protected by third party copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
Think Global grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and licence to use the Website for its intended purpose subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions. This licence does not include the right to collect or use information contained on the Website for any purpose not specifically listed in these Terms and Conditions, to compete with Think Global, to create derivative works based on the Content of the Website, or download or copy the Website (other than page caching). If you use the Website in a manner that exceeds the scope of this licence or you breach these Terms and Conditions, Think Global may revoke the licence granted to you.
You are prohibited from reproducing, copying, modifying, renting, leasing, loaning, selling, distributing, exploiting, extracting, providing links to, creating derivative works of or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties any part of the Content of this Website without Think Global’s prior written consent.
You acknowledge that, by making use of this Website, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. Think Global has made every effort to ensure that the Content on the Website is accurate and up-to-date and correct at the time of publication. However, the Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for purpose of the Content provided on the Website or that use of the Website will be uninterrupted, virus free or error-free. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Think Global for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on the Website.
- The Content on the Website is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services or a recommendation to purchase any product or service upon which a specific decision should be made.
- Think Global is not responsible for how the Content on the Website is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not accept any responsibility for the results of any action taken on the basis of the information provided on the Website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Think Global shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge that any Confidential Information (as defined below) which you obtain through the entering into of these Terms and Conditions and the use of the Website constitutes the valuable, confidential, proprietary information of Think Global and its licensors, and you agree that during the term of your use of the Website and thereafter you shall not, without our express written consent, use or disclose to any other person any such Confidential Information, except as specifically authorized under these Terms and Conditions or as required by applicable law.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Confidential Information” means any and all data, information, documents, software or materials relating to the business and management of Think Global, its users and members, affiliates, licensors or licensees, that is designated as confidential or ought reasonably to be considered confidential, including but not limited to: their business model and operations, processes, products, designs, pricing, promotions, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, trade-secrets, training materials, personnel, clients, methodologies, Website Content belonging to others and other intellectual property.
If you have any complaints about the Website, please email email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Think Global and govern your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and Think Global. Our relationship with you is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Any failure by Think Global to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.