- This event has passed.
SMSC For School Improvement
23 June 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| £170
SMSC For School Improvement: Developing Schools Through Global Learning – Workshop for Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers. Eligible for GLP e-credits.
Developing Schools Through Global Learning
- To develop teachers understanding of SMSC and global learning, and understand the ways in which these areas of education can be mutually supportive.
- To support teachers in understanding how to raise the the standards of teaching and learning in SMSC using global learning.
- To support teachers to understand national OFSTED expectations of SMSC To develop teachers’ ability to evidence the impact of SMSC and global learning.
- Teachers will view global learning as a tool through which to develop SMSC education in their school.
- Teachers will be able to use global learning pedagogical approaches to support SMSC.
- Teachers will be able to use global learning resources to support SMSC.
- Teachers will understand key resources to access to support global learning and SMSC development in their schools e.g. the Global Learning Website, Global Dimension Website.
- Teachers will have concrete examples of how to evidence SMSC and global learning impact.
- This workshop will enable teachers to use a range of global learning resources and pedagogy to support the development of SMSC at both classroom and whole school level.
- It will improve teachers’ confidence in linking global learning activities to SMSC development and evidencing the impact of this.
- It will support teachers to create a vision of what global learning should be for their individual school context.