- This event has passed.
International Education Week 2018 (TBC)
12 November 2018
12-16 November 2018 (TBC): An opportunity to celebrate international education, languages and global work in schools. British Council resources available.
British Council International Education Week 2018 runs from 12-16 November 2018 (dates to be confirmed).
The British Council celebrates International Education Week (IEW) every year, promoting the benefits of international learning and cultural exchange to teachers and school leaders in the UK and all over the world.
Global communication and language learning are more important than ever. Familiarity with other cultures and modern foreign languages skills are an essential part of preparing young people to work in the increasingly globalised economy.
Resources to help you celebrate IEW and make time for languages are available on British Council Schools Online International Education Week. These include a film and Why should I learn language’ case studies,
You could also use the week to investigate what’s global about your class, school and local community:
- Where does your food come from and how did it get here?
- Where were your clothes made?
- Do any children in your school come from another country or have global connections in their family tree?
- What is local industry’s connection to the rest of the world in terms of imports and exports?
- What about local history, are there any global connections to be found in your area’s past?
The following case studies show some simple and easily replicable examples of global work in schools – why not see if you can do something similar?