Film Premiere and Panel Conversation
On Wednesday 21st April, Reboot the Future are launching our latest campaign and education resources “How Will You Reboot the Future?”, inspiring new conversations on the climate crisis and supporting young people to take action.
The campaign will feature a series of five short films (‘Rise Up’) - following the lives of five fictional young people who, over the next five years, each play a role in rebooting the future. These films were inspired by a book written by Jonathon Porritt, which will be included alongside a set of teaching guides to help you support debate and action in your classrooms.
We would love you to join the first public viewing of the campaign and the Rise Up films, and hear from our panel on how to ignite students’ optimism, and inspire them with positive ways of engaging in climate action ahead of the UN Climate Summit in November.
We will welcome your engagements throughout the event including a live Q&A.
Our panel will include:
- Jonathon Porritt CBE, Environmental Activist and Author
- Sophie Austin, Film Director
- Paul Turner, Geography Teacher with passion for social & environmental activism
- Dominique Palmer, Climate Justice Activist, Forbes 100 UK Environmentalists
- Nyeleti Brauer Maxaeia, Co-Founder of Choked Up
- Anthony Bennett, CEO of Reboot the Future
The discussion will be hosted by Holly Everett, Education Lead at Reboot the Future.
To register for the event, visit: howwillyourebootthefuture.eventbrite.co.uk
In the meantime, you can watch the trailer for the campaign short films:
About the campaign
How Will You Reboot the Future? is a new campaign from Reboot the Future, hosted here, on Global Dimension.
From April 21st, you will be able to download:
- Jonathon Porritt's latest e-book, Rise Up to Reboot the Future, written specifically for this campaign.
- Five short films ‘Rise Up’ (each 5-7 minutes long), which follow five young people from 2021 to 2025, as they engage with the climate crisis and rise up to make a difference.
- Five teaching guides to support the films, providing discussion ideas, related resources and connections between the films and the e-book.
- A book club companion guide to Rise Up to Reboot the Future, to support students in reading and discussing Jonathon Porritt's inspirational and hope-filled new book.