Make the Link Climate exChange
This website project has been developed to promote learning, dialogue and action on climate change by linking UK secondary schools with secondary schools in key "at risk" countries in Africa (Malawi, Kenya and Senegal) and two other countries in the EU (The Netherlands and Bulgaria). Participating students can connect globally via a secure, interactive and multi-lingual web platform to learn about, and share experiences and views on climate change.
A downloadable pack of project learning resources is provided, covering the following seven units:
- What is climate change?
- Who and what are affected by climate change?
- How and why are people around the world interdependent?
- What are the national and international implications of climate change?
- What are the local implications of climate change? Becoming Active Citizens 1 – Developing action plans to combat climate change
- Becoming Active Citizens 2 – Campaigning to influence other people, policy and decision makers
All project learning resources are provided for free, along with training and technical support for engaging on the web platform, and ideas about how the students can take action on climate change locally, nationally and globally. There are also grants available monthly for schools to run their own awareness raising activities.
- Art and design,
- ICT / IS / IT,
- Media studies,
- MFL: French,
- PE / dance,
- PSHE / PSE / PSED,
- RE / RS,