This website lists hundreds of teaching materials that support teachers in developing a global dimension to the curriculum. They are published by a range of organisations including commercial, public and not-for-profit publishers. All the resources listed are expected to meet a set of essential inclusion criteria.
The main criteria are that resources should:
- Link to the school curriculum.
- Focus on education, not campaigning or fundraising.
- Enhance skills and knowledge that enable understanding of relationships between local, national and global affairs
- Focus on one or more of the concepts of: interdependence, global citizenship, diversity, sustainable development, social justice, values and perceptions, conflict resolution and human rights.
- Promote the development of positive values and attitudes, and an outlook that encourages active participation, co-operation, respect for cultural diversity and democratic citizenship.
- Challenge stereotypes, discrimination and social exclusion, and promote social inclusion.
- Provide opportunities for active learning.
You can request a copy of the full inclusion criteria by emailing the Editor: email@example.com.